IEC61850 Multifunction Power Meter
- Class 0.2S
- IEC 61850 / DNP3
- Dual Port Ethernet
- Waveform Recording
- 16GB on board memory
The PRO series is SATEC’s newest, cost-effective line of ultra-compact power meters for advanced power applications.
The Digital Substation
Today's world of power metering and telemetry requires full connectivity, relying on advanced communication protocols and enveloping cyber-security. Featuring a comprehensive communication platform, including Dual Port Ethernet, IEC 61850 communication protocol, DNP3 and IEC 60870-5101/104 the PRO meter is designed to answer the needs of the modern digital substation.
DC metering and Renewable energy
Direct Current systems are on the rise in applications such as solar farms, energy storage and data centers. The efficiency of these systems is crucial and the metering of the actual DC circuits before inversion to AC gives an important health-check of these facilities. The PRO series introduces rare capabilities and precision in this new field of DC metering.
Industrial Energy Management
A variety of attachable digital I/O modules, combined with the measured electrical parameters and the ability to program the meters with PLC logic setpoints enables versatile control functionalities. This way a meter does not only monitor the energy consumed in an industrial process but also measures its efficiency, alerting of irregularities and taking needed action such as shutting down power or a critically failing process via relay outputs.
With AC and DC metering combined it is an extremely powerful tool for a wide variety of energy-consuming industrial processes.
- Precision: Class 0.2S accuracy; 256 samples/cycle, 10 msec TRUE-RMS refresh time.
- Memory: 16 GB on-board
- Communication ports: 2 X ETH (redundancy/daisy-chain); USB (type C), RS-485
- IEC 61850
- Power Quality: waveform capture and event recording
- Neutral Current Metering
- Flexible modularity: up to 4 expandable IO and communication modules
- Compact design (50mm depth)
- User Friendly HMI
Multi-Function Power & Energy Meter
- Real time cycle-by-cycle measurement of high accuracy, true RMS voltage, current, power, demand and energy
- Revenue grade meter (anti-tamper enclosure and energy metering accuracy)
- Class 0.2S (IEC 62053-22)
- Advanced Time Of Use (TOU) features for any complex billing scheme: 16 Energy sources include external digital pulses, up to 4 seasons, 4 daily profiles, 8 Tariffs, flexible automatic calendar
- Vector diagram and symmetrical components
Built-in Communication Ports
- 2 x ETH (independent interfaces),
- optical port (IR)
- USB C
- IEC 61850, Ed. 2
- (MMS and Goose support)
- DHCP and DDNS support, PRP
- Modbus RTU/TCP
- Modbus Master
- (DNP3 / DNP3/TCP (level 2
Provides simultaneous capture for all voltage and current channels with choice of sample rate, up to 256. Selectable pre-fault / post-fault recording length.
The PRO series is designed to comply with IEC/AS 62052-11, IEC 62053-22/24, IEC 61557-12 (PMD-Sx), EN 50470, WELMEC 7.2, MID MI-003 and ANSI C12.1/20 standards.
Harmonic Analysis: THD of voltage and current, custom alarming, TDD, K factor, Crest factor. Individual harmonics, up to the 50th harmonic
Voltage Calculation, analysis & Recording: ½ cycle RMS calculation, symmetrical components, Voltage Dips/Sags, Interruptions, Swells, Unbalance, Transient and THD events recording
Multi-option Current Inputs
- Standard 1A or 5A current inputs
- Flex Clamp: 200A/2V, 30A-300A-3000A/3V Rogowski coil
- Optional: 40mA inputs, designed for:
- SATEC HACS CTs
- DC metering: Current Measurements using Hall Effect Sensors
Logging, Recording & Programming
- Onboard memory: 16GB
- Programmable controller: up to 64 control setpoints, up to 8 conditions OR, AND, arithmetical functions logic, extensive triggers, programmable thresholds and delays, relay control, event-driven data recording
- Waveform sampling rate 32, 64, 128 or 256 samples per cycle
- Virtually unlimited continuous waveform recording
- 1-ms resolution for digital inputs
- 16 fast Data Recorders (16 parameters on each data log): From ½ cycle RMS to 2 hour RMS envelopes; programmable data logs on a periodic basis and on internal or external trigger
- 32 digital internal counters for counting pulses from external sources and internal events
- 16 internal programmable timers (½ cycle to 24 hours)
The PRO Series meters function as analyzers for direct current (DC) systems as well. This application is based on the PRO models featuring 40mA inputs (the HACS model), using Hall Effect Sensors.
The meter can measure voltages up to 3,000V DC and currents up to 4,000A DC.
DC Voltage Measurement
The PRO meter can withstand up to 820V DC direct measurement. From 820V DC a Voltage Ratio Module (VRM) must be used, as described in the quick-start guide, available below for download.
DC Current Measurement
The unit is equipped with 4 independent inputs, compatible with Hall Effect Sensors featuring ±20mA outputs.
SATEC provides such sensors, ranging 100-4,000A DC (see Datasheets below). Generic sensors of identical output can be used as well.
Models & Accessories
Automation & Control Modules and Options
Digital & Analog I/O Options
- Built-in I/O: 2 digital inputs; 1 SSR output; 1 analog input
- Add-on I/O: Up to 3 add-on I/O modules:
- Up to 26 DI (dry/wet),
- Up to 9 Relay outputs
Up to 4 Expansion Modules Side by Side
- Up to 2 expansion modules: self-energized
Note: Cellular module requires additional module of AUX power supply
- 3 expansion modules: requires additional module of AUX power supply
Optional Built-in I/O Ports
- 2 optically isolated inputs, 24VDC dry contact; programmable de-bounce time from 1 ms to 1 s; control setpoints, 1pps time synchronization; 1ms sampling rate
- 1 Solid State Relay output; unlatched, latched and pulse operations, failsafe operation for alarm notifications; programmable pulse width; direct remote relay control through communications
- 1 optically isolated analog input; 1mA to 20mA
Optional expandable Modules
8 DI: 8 optically isolated digital inputs; options for 24V dry contacts and options for 24/48/125/250V AC/DC wet inputs. programmable de-bounce time from 1 ms to 1 sec; 1ms sampling rate; control setpoints, pulse counters and Energy/TOU subsystem, 1pps time synchronization; 1ms sampling rate
4 RO: 4 relays: Electro-Mechanic (EMR) or Solid State (SSR) relay option. unlatched, latched and pulse operations, failsafe operation for alarm notifications; programmable pulse width; direct remote relay control through communications
Auxiliary Power Supply Module
Auxiliary Power Supply: 5W AC/DC backup device power