Intelligent Communication Device
The ETC2002 Network Communicator opens a new era for energy management by enabling users to advance from serial network (RS485) and exploit the advantages of the Internet and Intranet.
The ETC2002 offers full control of entire power systems, from anywhere, anytime, via an Internet/Ethernet connection and supports various protocols. Its compact design and easy DIN/wall mounting allow for ease of use.
Four Main Functions
- Transparent (from serial communication to TCP/IP communication, in any of these protocols: Modbus TCP/IP software, DNP TCP/IP and ASCII TCP/IP)
- Protocol Converter for all third-party instruments, such as protection, relay, frequency driver and PLC.
(from serial communication to TCP/IP communication, in any of these protocols: Modbus TCP/IP software, DNP TCP/IP and ASCII TCP/IP)
- Data Server Applications
The ETC2002 Data Server provides the user with a mechanism that allows data accumulation from instruments in a background mode, using Modbus protocol (Modbus master). The instruments and register range for polling are defined in the polling tables. A total of 64 address ranges can be defined. The data is stored in a buffer, where 120 16-bit registers are reserved for each server address range. Users can specify up to 120 contiguous registers (per address range) in the connected instrument that would be continuously polled and updated in the server register array. Any number of device register ranges can be defined for each instrument. Important features include:
- Memory logging
- Reduction of network traffic
- Backup memory for Internet and other applications
- Web-Based Energy Management Service